Pages

Saturday 7 October 2017


Hello! Today my post is about a Christmas card I made for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge -- Simon Says: Christmas.




I created the background with a Simon Says Stamp stencil and distress oxide. I decided to deviate from the usual Christmas colors and instead create something in pastel colors. The color combination is simply gorgeous and I love the chalky feel of distress oxide!




To turn it into a Christmas card, I die-cut the words, Peace, Love and Joy from Penny Black dies in shimmer white cardstock. However, the words blended in with the busy background, so I die-cut the same words in pink as shadows. This allowed the white words to stand out from the background. 

Lastly, I added a grey snowflake die-cut at the bottom right corner of the card to have a little bit of winter. 

Supplies used are:
Simon Says Stencil Heart Mandala
Penny Black peace love dies
Distress oxides: picked raspberry, salty ocean, twisted citron

That's all I have for now. Till next time!

Viv



No comments:

Post a Comment